This is one of the usually asked questions by students from Maharashtra who have to appear for the state engineering entrance exam to avail admissions to the B.Tech programmes in the state. So what does MHT CET preparation involve? What syllabus to cover, which books to read? What is the exam pattern? Which topics are more covered in the MHT CET exam? How to score so and so rank? How many marks will fetch admissions? Preparation for MHT CET will involve all these aspects and more.
Before moving into the plans for preparation, it is essential to know the time frame available for preparation. To know how to prepare for MHT CET will also include knowing how much time is at disposal to prepare for the same. Candidates can use the same to keep track of the timelines for each step of the exam starting from application to the declaration of the result.
How to Prepare For MHT CET 2019?
A good plan always won half the battle. So it is important to see all factors that play a significant role, tackle them one by one. One important thing to do is to look at the previous year exam analysis, understand the exam with the help of insights from toppers and experts and then strategize gripping in mind the MHT CET 2019 syllabus, exam pattern, books to read from and practice sessions.
Candidates who are preparing for JEE Main andMHT CET must differentiate in the exam pattern and see if there are changes in the syllabus. It is generally understood that no separate preparation for MHTCET 2019 will be required if a candidate is preparing for JEE Main 2019. Some of the tips given are:
• Make sticky notes for the formulae and important points.
• Understand and learn the requisite equations. Note them down as well for revision.
• Ensure all subjects are given equal time for learning and equal weighting. Don’t neglect any subject just because you are not strong in it and don’t study one subject because you are good at it.
• Try and time each test so that you get used to the actual exam scenario. Ensure you adhere to the exam guidelines every time you write a mock test.
• Since there is no negative marking, candidates can attempt all questions without fear of being penalized.