MHT CET preparation tips, important topics, Books

  • Feb 20,2019

The State Common Entrance Test Cell conducts MHT CET annually for admissions into the engineering institutes of the state. Registrations for the exam have commenced on January 1, 2019. The examination, which is to be held in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode, consists of two papers – Paper I (Mathematics) and Paper II (Physics and Chemistry). MHT CET 2019 will be held tentatively from May 2 to 13. Allotment of seats is done based on the performance of the candidates in the exam. As a state level examination with around 2 lakh applicants every year, MHT CET is considered a relatively tough exam to attempt and there is usually a huge buzz among aspirants on how to prepare for it. Therefore, Careers360 brings you “MHT CET 2019 - Preparation Tips, Important Topics and Books” to give a complete guide on how the preparation strategy is to be created along with topper and expert tips.

MHT CET 2019 Syllabus

The syllabus of MHT CET 2019 is based upon the 11th and 12th standard syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. In the syllabus, 20% weightage is given to 11th standard topics whereas the remaining 80% weightage is given to topics from 12th standard. Topics and chapters from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are included in the syllabus. It is very important for the candidates to check the MHT CET syllabus before so that their preparation strategy can be formed strongly. 

Previous Year MHT CET Exam Analysis

According to students who appeared for the previous session of MHT CET, the level of difficulty was much less as compared to JEE Main exam. Most of the questions were from state board syllabus and directly from the textbooks. Among the three sections, the students found Chemistry section lengthy. Many of the students found the Physics and Chemistry section easier as compared to Mathematics. 

How to Prepare for MHT CET 2019 

Listed below are some tips on how to prepare for MHT CET 2019:

Be Familiar with the Syllabus – It is very important for the candidates to be familiar with the official syllabus of MHT CET 2019. By knowing the syllabus, the candidates will be able to know which topics have to be studied and how the preparation schedule has to be created. It is also essential for the candidates to know the MHT CET exam pattern.

Create a Schedule – To break off the monotony and distribute an equal amount of time to each subject, the candidates are advised to create a study schedule. Different topics should be placed after each other so that the candidates do not feel bored with studying. While planning the schedule, the candidates should also make sure to leave some time for mock tests and sample papers along with breaks to refresh themselves.

Solve Mock Test and Sample Papers – One of the best ways to prepare for an exam or test is through mock tests and sample papers. The candidates can attempt mock tests and solve sample papers on a daily basis to practically apply whatever they have studied and to check their preparation progress. The mistake made during these tests can be checked and rectified by the candidates. Mock tests also help the candidates with their time management.

Prepare Notes – By keeping small notes, the candidates can check and revise anytime and anywhere. Especially, the concepts or terms which are hard for the candidates to remember can be written down in notes, so that the candidates constantly revise them.

Take Breaks and Stay Healthy – One of the most important things to remember while preparing for any examination is to stay healthy. If the candidate is not healthy, he/she will not be able to prepare well of the examination. The candidates need to make sure to take short breaks while studying and to sleep and eat well.

Which Halogen reacts with caustic soda to liberate oxygen ?

For more information regarding how to prepare for JEE, NEET, MHT-CET Exams, kindly fill in your details in the following form.



Default Image
Profile Image
© 2019 All rights reserved by AKP Learning Solutions Pvt Ltd