There are a lot of good books on JEE preparation but choosing the right books is important. This will save you time because you won’t have to hop from one book to another trying to clear doubts that arise from reading books that ambiguously explain concepts. It will help you save time if you study concepts from a book that explains them fully and correctly.
Here is the list of IIT-JEE books that you can refer to understand the topics and practice problems. These are the books recommended by teachers and IIT pass out students for the preparation of JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, and other engineering entrance examinations.
- HC Verma Concept of Physics Part 1.
- HC Verma Concept of Physics Part 2.
- IIT JEE Physics by D.C. Pandey.
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov.
- Physics for IIT JEE by Resnick, Halliday, Walker.
- Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov.
Related : Don't Let JEE Main Fool You
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd.
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon.
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon.
- Modern approach to chemical calculations by R.C. Mukherjee.
- Numerical Chemistry by P.Bahadur.
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee.
- IIT Mathematics by M.L. Khanna.
- Differential Calculus by A Das Gupta.
- Class XI and XII Mathematics by R.D. Sharma.
- Trigonometry, Geometry Books by S.L. Loney.
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron.
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight.
Points to Remember -
Don’t undermine the NCERTs. Read the NCERT chapters thoroughly, solved examples and summary is of great help. NCERT textbooks are written by a team of authors who are all experts in their area.
Note: You don't need to buy all the books listed here. For IIT JEE preparation, quality matters more than the quantity. A well prepared JEE study material is sometimes more than enough.
Along with the good books, students need to solve more conceptual questions by practicing on JEE like Computer Based Test Platform. Sign up on Edumate Plus JEE Computer Based Test Series.